Nairobi Deputy Governor Polycarp Igathe has resigned
Dear Nairobians, it is with a heavy heart that I resign my seat as elected Deputy Governor of Nairobi City County effective 1pm on 31st Jan 2018. I regret I have failed to earn the trust of the Governor to enable me to drive Admin & Management of the county. pic.twitter.com/dszOQMBatT
— Polycarp Igathe (@IgathePolycarp) January 12, 2018
10 Facts you did not know about him
- He is the son of Nairobi’s business mongul Chris Kirubi
- Currently Igathe is an Managing Director for Vivo Energy
- Igathe has served as the Kenya Association of Manufacturers chairman
- Also at Uchumi supermarkets director from May 2015 to March 23, 2016.
- Served at Managing and Executive Director of Haco Industries Kenya
- And also as the director of Mercantile Insurance Company.
- Igathe was also in the gun drama of Nominated Senator Paul Njoroge when he shot in the air protesting the closer of a petrol station
- Vivo Enegy is a multinational company based in Holland
- This is the first time he is joining politics
- Besides business, he has a family when he is out of a coat