An entrepreneur without marketing skills is like a silicon city without internet and power. And it is even worse for entrepreneurs who dislike doing B2B option.
Why should you have marketing skills for you to start a business when you can employ marketers or sales people to do the rest for you? We answer that in 10 key points.
- You are the only person who can sell your products better than any other person, and that means that you should learn how to sell your product and be a role model to others
- Relying on other people to sell your products is like putting yourself under handcuffs, they may end up dictating your goals and objectives when they realize of your incapability I sales and marketing
- Sales and marketing is like being an ambassador of your own firm, therefore this gives you a chance to represent your firm on any for a that you shall be attending
- Sales and marketing is a key to creating the image of your firm, you have to sell the company’s image before anyone does.
- Looking at the dynamics of the business, implanting company’s goals is back-tied to marketing, if it fails then the whole thing comes down.
- Marketing will give you a chance to understand the needs and the wants of your customers therefore leading to customers’ satisfaction
- If you want to be good in customer care, you need to take care of them through marketing, this gives you a chance to treat your clients in a very special way and manner
- Every business relies on marketing, thus it is very insincere for one to ignore this department if you need to be successful.
- Repackaging and remodeling of your products will be benchmarked based on the performance of the marketing department, thus you can’t just give it a cold feet.
- Customers would want to listen so much on what the owner of the firm thinks about the firm, and if you are not good in marketing it can be a daunting task.