Kenya Safari Lodges and Hotels is a Limited company incorporated in 1966. We offer
bush and Beach memorable experience to both international and local Tourist. KSLH
comprise of three units being: – Mombasa Beach Hotel, Voi safari Lodge and
Ngullia safari Lodge.
KSLH is seeking to engage experienced and highly talented hospitability professionals.
2 Positions: SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Scope and main purpose of the Job
1) To promote sales of KSLH units, facilities and service directly using various marketing techniques
2) To achieve set sales targets in accordance with the sales & marketing plans.
3) To assist SMM by acting as “first contract” with all outside business contacts and
by making outside sales calls or visits, a major part of this role
4) To promote the image and services of the company so that maximum growth
occurs through gaining new clients and contacts.
1. Attain the sales targets in the allocated segments as required.
2. Develop new business out of the existing segments
3. Maintain and develop a computerized clientele and prospective clients’ database
4. Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to assigned market segment (s) in
order to achieve or surpass budgeted sales targets.
5. Welcome enquires from and identify prospective new ‘clients’ exact needs, liaise
closely with operational management staff on all details for a prospective new
client(contract) and gain their agreement on all details.
6. Follow up leads by visiting prospective clients regularly to maintain their interest.
Maintain constant communication with the client once the sale is closed or
account (contact) is opened and show an ongoing interest in the performance of
7. Entertain prospective clients in accordance with set policy, where possible
combining this visits to existing satisfied customers.
8. Develop ideas and create offers for outside marketing (OM) and marketing to
major accounts approropriate to the market segments(s) targeted
1. KCSE C+ or equivalent, Diploma or degree in marketing OR Hotel/Hospitality
Management from a recognized institution division two (2) or KCSE Grade C+
Evidence of previous hotel related experience of at least 1 year in sales &
marketing department in a busy 3& 4 star hotel, experience in revenue budgeting and product costing and pricing and pricing advantageous.
3. Must have done direct personal selling for at least one year and shown a strong sales record.
4. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary languages(s)
used in the work place and by guest who frequently visit and stay at KSLH business units.
5. Advanced computer skills (words processing, spreadsheets, database, PPT)
Computerized FO reservations and accounting system. Background on automated
sales office is helpful and added advantage
6. Service oriented, track record of successful customer service, organizing and self-
presentation skills, unquestionable integrity, self driven , team player who enjoys
working with people.
Applicants to send their letters, CV, copies of academic and professional qualifications & ID copy both online and through post to the below address, to reach us before close of business on 21/08/2017. The company is an equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA SAFARI LODGES & HOTELS LTD
P.O BOX 90414