Our client, an International Renewable Energy company, is looking for a strong Finance Manager for its project in Kenya. The project will play a crucial role in enabling Kenya to achieve its “Vision 2030” objectives.
The successful candidate will manage and report on the financial performance of the project company and all the contracts that have been entered into to construct, operate and finance the project. International experience is a MUST!
• Support to CEO in preparing annual operating plans (AOPs).
• Ensure compliance with all shareholders, lender and government agreements.
• Develop a contract management framework to ensure all SPV obligations under the relevant contracts are being monitored and complied with.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts, and financial reports for management, shareholders and lenders.
• Monitor performance of the project against the base case financial model and prepare regular updated financial models.
• Manage relationship with OPIC and the agent bank under the financing agreements and preparation of updated disbursement requests, etc.
• Coordinate the draw down of funds from lenders and equity investors.
• Treasury and cash management, including foreign exchange exposure monitoring.
• Source and manage the following systems: GL system, reporting systems, economic development reporting systems, online banking systems and infrastructure.
• Establish appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that the reporting systems are fit for purpose and are being utilised effectively.
• Audit liaison and preparation of annual financial statements.
• Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements for both the project company and the community trust.
• Ensure compliance with all cosec and defined regulatory requirements notwithstanding that certain functions will be outsourced per SLA.
• Preparation of economic development forecasts and budgets.
• A university degree or similar – MBA is an advantage.
• Ideally experience in the Kenyan power sector.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent transaction and asset management skills.
• Strong in financial modelling and scheduling.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience in project accounting & finance.
• Experience in developing management information systems.
• Strong in risk management & mitigation.
• In-depth experience of working with lenders, financiers & lawyers in delivering power sector projects.
Please click on the tab below to apply