The news of the sudden demise of interior Cabinet Secretary General Joseph Nkaissery cut through our hearts like a hot knife in butter.
His death can never be justified especially at a time when we needed him most during the weeks away general elections .
Even though his docket has already been assumed temporarily with Education CS Fred Matiang’i, his big boots will forever remain unfilled
As we eulogize him, let us remember this Key facts about him
- He died at 57 years . His date of birth is 28 November 1949
- He was a general in the Kenya Defense Forces where he served for 29 years , retired in 2002.
- The late CS was an MP in 2002 and 2014 on ODM ticket before he resigned and took up the docket of the CS from former CS Ole Lenku
- He was senior council in the Maasai community until his death
- Her also served as an Assistant Minister for Internal Security in the cabinet of President Mwai Kibaki from 2008 to 2013.
- In the CORD Coalition, the late CS served as a MP for Kajiado Central constituency on ODM ticket
- He has left behind a wife and kids
- Nkaissery was simply described as a no nonsense person, who remained firm on his word.
- He collapsed yesterday at his home before he was rushed to Karen hospital in Nairobi
- He was pronounced dead at the hospital and his body remains were assembled to Lee Funeral Home