The report that was disclosed by the government has revealed the top 10 counties that hire on the basis of employees from their tribe.
National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) report dubbed Ethnic and Diversity Audit of the County Public Service, showed that those who had been employed in the most tribal counties were majorly native of the counties.
“By publishing this report, the commission has presented the country with policy recommendations to ensure ethnic equality and equitable distribution of opportunities in the county public service. If well implemented, this will enhance unity of purpose among Kenyans from all walks of life,” Francis Ole Kaparo said
Here is the list of top 10 tribal counties from the study that was done between November 2014 to August 2015
1. Bomet County – Governor Isaac Ruto
– 97.9% of the 330 employees hired come from the Kalenjin community.
2. Kirinyaga County – Governor Joseph Ndathi
97.6% of 569 of the new staff come from the Kikuyu community.
3. Elgeyo Marakwet County – Governor Alex Tolgos
– 97.6 per cent of 569 new employees come from the Kalenjin community.
4. Nyamira County – Governor John Nyagarama
– 97.9 per cent of workers in Nyamira come from the Abagusii community
5. Kisii County – Governor James Ongwae
– 97.5 per cent of 3,606 staff are from the Abagusii community.
– The report noticed that 1,275 (97.5 per cent) of new employees appointed since the beginning of devolution from the County, were from the Kisii community.
6. Tharaka Nithi County – Governor Samuel Ragwa
– Among the 1,671 workers in Tharaka Nithi County, 95.6% were from Tharaka.
– The Meru and Kikuyu communities occupy 1.9% and 0.6% respectively.
7. Kericho County – Governor Paul Chepkwony
– 95.3 per cent of the 2,550 workers belong to the Kalenjin community
8. Murang’a County – Governor Mwangi wa Iria
– 95.2 % of the 2,638 workers in the County come fro the Kikuyu community.
9. Uasin Gishu – Governor Jackson Mandago
– Previously Uasin Gishu had 64.9% of 2,599 staff from the Kalenjin, but since Mandago ascended to power, 94.4 per cent of new staff employed the Kalenjin community.
10. Baringo – Governor Benjamin Cheboi
– 81.5% of its 4,056 workforce are from the Kalenjin community.