Although it seems implausible, sometimes, literally: “work makes us sick”, and more specifically, it can cause a disability.
Which are the most common?
Although, works that use chemicals or heavy material are considered high risk; There are accidents, which can happen to you and even in the office, which can cause permanent disability.
Here we list some:
- Amputations (mutilation of a member)
- Pneumoconisis (condition caused by exposure of dust)
- Tuberculosis (weight loss and difficulty breathing)
- Hearing loss (decreased hearing)
- Joint injury (for example, those you experience after more than 6 hours of occupying the computer)
How to prevent an accident at work?
To avoid, as far as possible, an accident that may leave you with a disability. Here are some recommendations:
- Respect all established methods and procedures to carry out your work activity.
- When using machinery use the recommended safety equipment.
- Correctly place the materials or products that you use in your workplace.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Always keep a first aid kit.
Remember, you have the right to demand your safety. Do not forget!