Even though his influence during the 2022 presidential election will be little, his words today are already shocking waves and shining light on what could happen 4 years to come.
David Murathe has vowed to go to court to stop DP William Ruto from being on the ballot on 2022, despite claiming that the Central Kenya region owes him no political debt.
The courageous politician might be just echoing what some of the leaders from central region would think is right but are afraid to throw the dice.
Here are some facts about the viral David Murathe making 2022 shock waves
- He is the current Jubilee Vice-Chairperson, during the 2017 elections in August, he was a vocal and focal point during the party’s campaign
- Despite being party’s VC, he is also President Uhuru Kenyatta’s close aide
- In 2002, he resorted to a silent life after losing the Gatanga parliamentary seat to Peter Kenneth
- He is a former MP for Gatanga constituency, a seat he won on a Social Democratic Party ticket in 1997.
- In 2013, he resurfaced to politics after joining the famous UhuRuto campaign wagon
- He is extremely rich, and rumoured to be a broker between Chinese contractors and Kenya’s government
- He is also a well known Real Estate investor, currently constructing an estate around Garden Estate Road
- Murathe was also accused by bloggers for interfering with the court ruling during the 2017 Presidential petition, in various photos he is seen seated with one of the key Judges Justice Njoki Ndungú in unidentified locations
- He was also accused for favoring certain candidates during the Jubilee Party nominations in 2017.
- Murathe was also accused by Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko of being key mastermind of his impeachment allegations. In one instance Murathe showed interest in removal of Sonko from office