Even though the term 2020 was the worst year is now a cliche, mentioning these inspiring Kenyans aged only below 30 years makes it unique in its own.
Despite having a tough and less motivating year, these Kenyans aged below 30 years turned lemons into lemonade and used the challenges to form an opportunity to inspire the rest.
Here are Kenyans aged below 30 who inspired the whole of Kenya
Dr.Stephen Mogusu – 28 Years
The fallen Dr. Stephen Mogusu will be remembered in the hearts of many after he put his life on the line so as to save COVID-19 victims and ended up succumbing to the virus at the age of just 28 years old.
Even though he didn’t get his payment for about five months, as well as poor working conditions and no PPE’s during work ; h never quit his job until the last moments
Micheal Olunga – 26 Years
Kenyan professional footballer who plays for Japanese club Kashiwa Reysol and the Kenya national team as a forward has been an inspiration to many after flying the Kenyan flag so high in the Asian continent.
Olunga has been a key player for his club as well as Harambee Stars in the year 2020.
At just 26 years, Olunga’s future is bright and looks to be one of Kenya’s best international.
Victor Wanyama – 29 Years
Kenyan professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Major League Soccer club Montreal Impact and captains the Kenyan national team is only 29 years old but so far the best ever Kenyan footballer abroad.
After epic seasons in EPL, Wanyama remains SI units of football in Kenyan academies .
Besides being an inspiration, Wanyama came up with foundation which is helping poor kids in Kenya.
MP. John Paul Mwirigi – 26 Years
John Paul Mwirigi, is the Member of Parliament for Igembe South Constituency, Meru County, in the Kenya National Assembly.
History was made when he was elected in August 2017 at the age of 23 years, the youngest ever Kenyan member of parliament.
His presence in the Kenya’s murky politics continues to one inspires the rest of his young people around him and across Kenya
5. Cheben Lesan – 27 Years
Less known Chebet Lesan, kenyan entrepreneur won the hearts of many after she emerged the winner of this year’s Jack Ma Foundation-led Africa Business Heroes awards.
The award, which turned two years old on Africa, was established to identify and recognise the continent’s top entrepreneurs.
Facts about Lesan
- Lesan is the founder of Bright Green Renewable Energy
- Bright Green Renewable Energy is a social enterprise that turns urban waste into clean burning charcoal for households, schools, farmers, hospitals and many others.
- Lesan will receive Ksh.33 Million so as to promote her quest of providing access to clean cooking fuel across Africa
- She will also become a beneficiary of Jack Ma’s Foundation mentorship program, besides the lucrative award
- Chebet Lesan was born 27 years ago in 1993.
- She was inspired to start Bright Green Renewable Energy when she visited Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, she observed at the foot of the mountain , how forests were being depleted due to charcoal business
- What they do, is basically collecting waste from shambas and markets, which they then burn through a process called carbonization. This then turns into a material called char, which is a black powder with the same properties as charcoal. We then compress this powder into blocks to form charcoal.They package in 50Kg bags which go for Sh.1,500
- The project opened opportunities for Chebet, among them an induction into the Mandela Washington Fellowship and earning a recognition from Queen Elizabeth II with a Queen’s Young Leaders Award
- Chebet urges women to shun away from employment and focus on creating their own source of employment as entrepreneurs
- From her social media, she has traveled far and wide across the globe, brushing shoulders with the mighty including Queen Elizabeth II
6.Elsa Majimbo – 19 Years
Kenyan comedian aged just 19 years is probably the only child born after 2000s making it big in the most flooded market of Kenyan showbizz.
With a unique comedy genre, Elsa has made international waves as well as winning lucrative awards such as the E Peoples Award
Crowned as a TikTo wizard, Azziad Nasenya saw an opportunity and took it away.
The online content creator has inspired so many in Kenya who are looking to harvest from social media
8.Collins Odhiambo – 30 Years
The 30 year old Bachelor of Commerce graduate work the heart of US TV person Steve Harvey.
This came after Collins put up his detailed pencil drawing resembling Steve Harvey, and with no time he was scheduled to meet the popular American figure.
However, COVID-19 pandemic could not see this possible after tough movement restrictions
9.Henry Desagu – 29 years
Kenyan online comedian Henry Desagu broke his roof after he was listed among top 100 most popular Africans on You Tube.
He became more popular after his You Tube account with few years old, hit over 100K subscribers.
Desagu’s commedy pieces are drawn from every day challenges facing the common man in Kenya.
Largely, his pieces are set in Nairobi’s satellite slum area, Mwihoko based in Kimabu town
The report also indicates that Desagu makes at least 11 million every year on You Tube with the current subscription of 321K subscribers
10. Mulamwah – 27 Years
Mulamwah is another comedian who has been very eventful in 2020 despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite the tough 2020, the upcoming comedian has made it relevant in the year inspiring most of his cadres at his age