Here are some tips to use before, during and after that important test. Take note!
Whatever the circumstances, most students feel stressed, nervous and worried when taking an exam.
If you are one of them, in this note we present 11 tips to put in practice before, during and after taking that important test, according to How to Study.
Before taking the exam:
1. You should already know, if you want to enter and retain the information you should study regularly and at a reasonable pace. Do not try to incorporate all the information the day before the exam, it will provoke you even more nerves and exhaust all your energy.
2. If you want to successfully complete your exam, you will have to prepare mentally and physically: I slept enough, avoid consuming energy drinks or caffeinated drinks, hydrated and I ate a light menu.
3. Prepare several pencils or pens, in addition to rubber or corrector, calculator or other supplies that you will need. You could also get a wrist watch, to check the time, and chewing gum, to highlight tension.
4. Once you arrive in the classroom, ask if there are any restrictions or rules. For example, what is the time limit to complete the test, if it is allowed to go to the bathroom or if you can ask questions and to whom.
During the exam:
5. Read the instructions and plan how you will distribute your time. If you know the value of each question, start with those that have more weight on the score.
6 .Take your time to read and analyze the slogan carefully. Attentive! Teachers often include complicated questions to test your level of attention and your reading comprehension.
7. If it is a question that involves developing a complex or extensive topic, you should make a conceptual outline before beginning to write your answer. In this way, you will not get confused or forget to include the most important points.
8. Do not feel self-conscious or pressured to finish the test if your classmates finish before you. When you finish the exam 9. Once you complete and deliver the test, try to think too much about the result you will get
. Remember that in this instance the result is beyond your control.
10. Remember to take the question sheet with you, or if you do not allow it, transcribe it on a sheet and keep it with your study material. In the case that you have to study for the same exam, or another test of the same subject, perhaps the slogan can help you remember important issues.
11. Do not make the mistake of missing the class of return or correction of the exam. Although it does not seem important to you, for most teachers it is. Regardless of obtaining or not enough score, it is important that you receive criticism and comments to improve your performance and avoid repeating mistakes