The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030.
The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the planned six (6) months’ internship program, the candidates will have gained practical workplace experience to enable them have a competitive edge in their job search.
KEMRI is seeking to recruit Interns in the below mentioned fields;-
1. Research Function in the Institute:-
Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following fields;
- Medicine (1 position)
- Medical Microbiology (4 positions)
- Microbiology and Biotechnology (2 positions)
- Mycology (2 positions)
- Virology (2 positions)
- Biochemistry (1 position)
- Analytical Chemistry (1 position)
- Parasitology (1 position)
- Molecular/Biomedical Sciences (2 positions)
- pharmaceutical Sciences (2 positions)
- public Health (2 Positions)
- Health Systems (1 position)
- Biostatistics (2 positions) and
- Social Science (2 positions)
Possess a Diploma in any of the following fields;
- Health Records (2 positions)
- Science Laboratory technology (1 Position)
2. Support services function in the Institute;
Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following areas;
- Accounting (2 positions)
- Procurement and Supply (2 positions)
- Human Resource Management (1 position)
- Information Technology Communication (ICT) (4 Positions)
- Mass Communication in Electronic Media(1 position)
- Laws having completed pupilage/awaiting admission to the bar (1 position); and
- Economics (1 position)
Posses a Diploma in any of the following fields;
- Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration Option) OR Diploma in Biomedical Engineering. (2 positions)
- Records Management (1 position)
- Graphic Design (1 position)
In addition the applicants must:-
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age; and
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates should apply on the link below attaching copies of certified certificates not later than Friday 8th December, 2017.
- The Institute WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program.
- A monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000/= and Kes. 15,000 for Bachelors and diploma holders respectively will be given without any other benefits.
- Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover.
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered; and
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.