The incandescent light bulb and the phonograph are just some of the creations for which Thomas Alva Edison is remembered, as one of the protagonists who participated in the transformation of the world that we currently know.
Thanks to him, the cinema industry, the X-ray machine and surely many of the devices that you use every day in your house were developed.
The 1,093 patents it filed in the US and 2,332 patents worldwide are responsible for almost all appliances that currently use electricity.
His facet as an inventor is better known than that of a businessman, however, he also stood out as the creator of various companies and as a genius in marketing; with what generated a great fortune.
“I have not failed, I have only found 10,000 ways in which it does not work”, is one of the most remembered phrases of this American inventor that denotes his perseverance and that leaves as teaching not to give up to achieve the goals that one sets for himself.
- Never be discouraged if you fail. Learn and keep trying.
- Learn with both your head and your hands.
- Not everything of value in life comes from books and experience.
- Never stop learning. Read about the full picture of literature.
- “I have not failed, I have only found 10,000 ways in which it does not work”
Edison was born on February 11, 1847 in Ohio and passed away at the age of 84 on October 18, 1931.