The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Intern to join the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Unit for an initial period of three months. Under the mentorship of the Project Lead, Research Officer and the Center’s Mental Health Lead, the intern will be involved in the whole research process from protocol development, training field teams and coordinating field work. S/he will gain skills in mental health, coordinating research activities and analytical skills particularly for qualitative data.
- Participate in project protocol development.
- Develop data collection tools and liaise with the software developers to have them programmed in mobile/hand held devices.
- Coordinate training of field teams.
- Participate in coordination of field work activities including supervision of field staff.
- Participate in development of study reports including technical reports and donor progress reports.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree psychology, clinical psychology, counselling psychology, and any other social science or medical related field with a major in psychology or counselling; OR
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields and cleared to conduct a research project.
- Proven interest to grow a research career in mental health.
The successful candidate will be engaged full time (40 hours/ week) for the period of the internship.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and CV through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by December 4, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.