Each year, the MIT Technology Review, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) , presents a list of the 10 cutting-edge technological advances that will most influence our lives.
The novelty of this year is that, for the first time, the publication had a special guest for the assembly of the list: Bill Gates .
As Bill Gates is one of the most influential people in the world of technology, it makes a lot of sense that the magazine has selected him.
Below we show the 10 technologies, ranging from climate change to health care or artificial intelligence:
1. Dexterity of robots: robot hands that can manipulate objects that are unknown to them.
2. New generation nuclear energy: designs of reactors, both fission and fusion, that can reduce carbon emissions.
3. Prediction of premature babies: a blood test that can warn of premature birth.
4. Intestinal probe in a pill: a swallowable device that can show the digestive tract and perform biopsies.
5. Cancer vaccines made to measure: a treatment that helps the body’s own immune system to attack only cancer cells.
6. Hamburger without beef:alternatives of meat of vegetal origin and of laboratory that could reduce the emissions of the alimentary industry.
7. Carbon dioxide sensor: techniques to absorb CO2 from the air and block it.
8. Electrocardiogram in the wrist: the ability of smart watches to monitor heart health and warn of any problems in time.
9. Sanitation without sewerage: a toilet that contains waste to treat itself to reduce diseases and poor living conditions.
10. Talkative AI assistants: advances in natural language processing that allow digital assistants to have more natural conversations.