The 2019 KCSE results were released on 18th December by the Education CS George Magaoha. The top student Muluma Tony from Kabsabet Boys’ High School scored a mean grade of 87.159
How to Get KCSE 2019 Exams
Candidates were asked by the Education CS George Magoha to collect their results from their respective exam centers or send an SMS with their full index number (11) digits to 20076 immediately after the event.
Top 10 schools in Kenya 2019
Top 10 schools did well in terms of number of grade As which were scored.
The list was led by Kenya High school with a total of 76 As scored
- Kenya high 76
- Kabsabet Boys – 49
- Alliance – 48
- Moi Kabarak – 30
- Alliance girls – 27
- Mary Hill Girls – 25
- Maseno School – 23
- Nairobi School – 23
- Mangu – 23
- Moi Girls Eldoret – 21
Here are key facts about KCSE 2019
- Last year in 2018, the results were released on December 21 but in 2019 it will be done on 18th December
- A total of 26,597 teachers marked this year’s KCSE examinations in 20 stations in Nairobi and its environs.
- This year’s examination was conducted between November 4 and 27 and marking started on November 28 in 20 schools in Nairobi and it’s environs.
- The results will be announced at KNEC headquarters on Dennis Pritt road.
- The marking of the examination was concluded on Thursday and KNEC officials immediately embarked on analysing the results
- A total of 699,745 candidates sat for the 2019 KCSE examination
- The examination was done in 10,287 centres across the country
- A total of 21 cases of examination malpractices were reported and 90 mobile phones confiscated from candidates during the 2019 KCSE examination.
- Juliet Otieno from Pangani Girls, Nairobi was 2018 top KCSE candidate, scoring an A of 87.664 points
- Three examiners passed out during the administration of 2019 KCSE exams
- General performance improved with 627 students scoring grade A, 5,796 A- and 125,746 C+
- A total of 16 subjects significantly improved, 11 declined. English, Swahili, Chemistry, Biology, physics. Results improved with females doing well in English, CRE, Home science, sign language
- No examination was leaked, 100 mobile phones were confiscated during exams and 21 cases of exam malpractices detected