Karen Country Club is the leading Country Club in Nairobi and is seeking to fill the positions of Waiters/Waitresses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for welcoming members and guests who visit the Club, taking their orders, communicating with members of the kitchen about orders and carrying meals or beverages to the correct tables. They will also ensure they are provided with quality services according to the set Club standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Promptly welcome and receive guests.
· Ensure members and guests are escorted to their tables and issued with a menu.
· Ensure efficient turn-around of orders.
· Ensure all customers are catered for equally.
· Ensure all users are billed according to their orders.
· Frequently clear utensils from tables and service areas.
· Prepare and dress tables as per the required Club standards.
· Ensure that utensils placed on tables are clean and in good condition.
· Assist in setting up of the buffet tables.
· Report any breakages of equipment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma in Hotel and Catering management.
· Certification in food and beverage course.
· A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a busy establishment.
Personal attributes & Functional Skills
· Strong customer service and team working skills.
· The flexibility to work shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Physical stamina to stand long hours on your feet.
· Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer service skills experience.
· Excellent planning, and time management.
· Ability to build and maintain relationships with both staff, guests, and members.
· A great sense of urgency in execution of tasks.
Interested external applicants should send their updated CVs and application letters to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. on 31st July 2023 with the email subject being Waiter or Waitress. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.