Border Control Assistant
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization. KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity aged 30 years and below (should not have celebrated their 30th birthday as at 29th October, 2023) to fill the position of Border Control Assistant, which is domiciled at Customs and Border Control Department.
Purpose of the job:
Providing support for border control operations in line with the stipulated standards and procedures.
- Facilitate clearance of cargo at Customs station.
- Rotation of passenger and cargo manifest
- Boarding and rummaging of aircrafts and vessels.
- Supervision of cargo loading and offloading
- Supporting enforcement activities including marshalling of goods to the scanner, K9 handling, seal management and marine operations.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E)/I.G.C.S.E Certificate with a minimum grade of C- (minus) or its equivalent.
- Organisational awareness and skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and have standard of integrity
- Proficiency in MS office suite of packages
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to [email protected]
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to [email protected]
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)