The Office Assistant Intern will support a wide range of projects and administrative support in Meru Region.
In this position, the intern will get a hands-on opportunity to further develop their skills and gain knowledge necessary for a successful career in Office Administrative work and general Office Support function.
Specific areas of focus will be in front office reception services and management, logistical support and procurement of office supplies and basic services, petty cash management, stock maintenance, filing, archival activities especially LIPs support documentations, meeting rooms management and any other support as deemed relevant.
- Professional training in administration, secretarial and office management or other relevant discipline. An undergraduate degree is desirable
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience of working with NGOs (minimum 2 years)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Self-starter and innovative in development of administrative solutions
- Clear and confident telephone manner
- Knowledge of Intranet systems and web-based information-sharing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including competency in negotiation, influencing and assertiveness
- Excellent organizational skills; great attention to detail
- Self- Motivated and ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Prior office experience preferred, but not required
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
Aid values diversity and aspire to reflect this in workforce. They welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.