full screen background image

A Kiambu Teen Girl Dies After An Overdose Of Shisha

A 19 year old girl died mysteriously on Monday after a night out with friends in Ruaka, Kiambu County.

Hannah-Magiri yvk

According to a report carried by K24 TV, he late Hannah Magiri is alleged to have smoked shisha at a local club with her friends for the better part of Friday night.

She later fell sick and her friends rushed her back home unconscious on Saturday morning.

Grace Nduta, mother of the deceased, said her daughter was brought home on unconscious and never regained consciousness.

“We rushed her to a nearby hospital were the doctor tried to treat her but we saw that it was serious and took her to Tigoni Mission Hospital in Limuru where she later succumbed on Monday night,” Ms Nduta told the TV station in an interview.

The family suspects their daughter may have been poisoned at the club and want police to open investigations. This is after doctors at the hospital claimed the deceased may have consumed a spiked drink at the club.

The family claims the club’s owners have refused to cooperate with them in clarifying the the circumstance of their daughter’s stay at their premise.

But the club owners, in a statement, disputed the family account of activities leading to the girl’s death.

“We learnt about this incident two days ago from rumours… no one has reported the case to the police and no family member has showed up at the club to enquire or seek any clarification.

“(the club) has CCTV footage and audio recording which we will share with the CID, police or any other third party who has a stake in the case,” the owners said in a statement.

Comments

comments