Even though Kenya has listed only one billion dollar tycoon Vimal Shah as the richest person in Kenya, he denied the claims that he was worth such a measure. If indeed it was true, then he is the only richest 1 billion dollar Kenyan in the whole world.
But for million dollar tycoons, we have atleast 20 known Kenyans in that rank.
The richest person in the world current is Bill Gates, with a staggering wealth of more than 83 billion dollars.
We have compiled a list of 20 rich Kenyans we believe they are the richest Kenyans as of 2018.
The list is entirely made up of tycoons from business entities, politics and other relevant fields which are money magnets
- Manu Chandaria- Comfraft Group of Companies, steel manufacturing, banking, real estate
- Abdulkadir Ghedi – Cement manufacture, Athi River Mining
- Baloobhai Patel- Trans-World Safaris, investments, insurance, banking, telecommunications
- Jane Wanjiru Michuki- Kimani & Michuki Advocates, investments, banking
- Narendra Raval – Devki Group, manufactures steel products, roofing sheets and cement
- Paul Wanderi Ndung’u – Mobicom, stake in Pevans East Africa (Sportpesa)
- Bundotich Kiprotich – Buzeki Group of companies, Enterprises
- Peter Muthoka – Acceler Global Logistics
- Jimnah Mbaru – Dyer & Blair, stakes in Britam Holding, Equity Bank and Transcentury Group
- Samuel Kamau Macharia- Royal Media Services
- Pius Ngugi – Kenya Nut Company, Thika Coffee Mills