Meet the Kenya’s youngest Assistant County Commissioner Rehema Kiteto who is just 24 years old and a graduate of Egerton University.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Rehema Kiteto.
- She was born 23 years ago in a Samburu village in 1997 in Kinango constituency, Kwale county
- After high school education at Mwasere High in Voi ,she joined Egerton University to study a degree in Sociology, Literature and English between 2015 and 2019.
- She would later go on to serve as an Intern student at Standard Group Nakuru Bureau
- Rehema retreated back to Kwale county, however as a social worker after the internship
- She worked as a social advocacy officer for women and girls under the umbrella of Samburu Hands of Compassion
- Besides, Rehema worked as a supervisor during the government COVID-19 youth project dubbed Kazi Mtaani.
- Rehema got the lucrative job after she made a point to apply for 450 vacancies that had been advertised by Public Service Commission for Assistant County Commissioners
- Rehema was a graduate of Egerton University and she had no any experience, but after a successful interview, she was deployed to Bomet Central to serve as Assistant County Commissioner
- Under her new role, she is expected to coordinate government projects , articulate government plans and solve disputes in her full capacity
- Rehema brags of her leadership skills where she managed to fundraise for 2020 KCPE students join high school. Besides she unsuccessfully vied for County Assembly for Samburu Ward in Kinango.