After the ill feted Ethiopian plane Boeing 737 Max 737, flight ET302 came down on Sunday 10th, March 2019, China was the first country to ground their versions of Boeing 737 Max.
As they stood by their decisions, more countries joined in the go slow as they grounded their planes and banned them from their airspace respectively.
The only nation that is under pressure to ground them is USA, which has stood by their hand stand that the Max series are safe to fly.
The sentiments have been seconded by the plane makers Boeing.
Here is a list of countries participating in Boeing 737 go-slow
First Boeing 737 Max To Crash
In October 2018, Lion King air crashed and killed all 189 while trying to take off from Jakarta, Indonesia.
It was the first Max series that came down before the recent one which adds total of death toll to 346 in less than 5 months.
Here are key facts you need to know about the controversial 737 jet
- The narrow shaped jet is designed, assembled , made and sold by Boeing Commercial Airplane which is based in USA, Washington DC
- It is the 4th series of the Boeing 737, succeeding the Boeing 737 Next Generation (NG).
- The first delivery of a Max 8 was on May 6, 2017 to Malindo Air. The jet was put into service by May 22, 2017
- The 737 Max is delivered in various types of jets. Such as
138 to 230 seats and a 3,215 to 3,825 nmi (5,954 to 7,084 km) range.
- The 737-700, -800, and -900 were taken over by the 737 MAX 7, MAX 8, and MAX 9. By January 2019, Boeing had received a total of 5011 orders of Max jets and only managed to deliver 350 planes
- Max series from Boeing are having stiff competition from Airbus’s Airbus A320neo . Airbus, from Europe is Boeing’s biggest competition on the aviation market.
- According to the Boeing’s Max project launched in 2011, Max generations are very effective on saving fuel upto 16% fuel reduction as compared to their predecessors .
- The cost of the new Boeing 737 Max series ranges from Ksh.10 billion to 14 billion depending on the make
- Today, Boeing boosts of great achievements such as having made and delivered 806 commercial aircraft (2018); 96 military aircraft (2018); 2 satellites (2018)
- William Edward Boeing was an American aviation pioneer who founded The Boeing Company in 1916.