Eugene Mbugua, from Nairobi’s Roysambu estate, Eugene Mbugua is one of Kenya’s few self-made millionaires at the age of just 29 years old.
With a borrowed loan of Ksh.100,000 Mbugua made it to Kenya’s millionaires club at the age of just 22 years old.
Here are some interesting facts about Eugene Mbugua
- After his high school education, he started off as a boom holder so as to kill time and join varsity for his accountant dream degree.
- He later became interested in production and content creation, says the 29 year old who was born in a very poor family.
- He also learned film skills while working as a boom trainee with Inspekta Mwala show
- Mbugua and his friend formed a joined film firm, with a mission of creating awareness to kids in school. Mbugua would borrow equipment and research on internet about film production.
- He also did odd jobs such as untrained teaching where his salaries will be delayed for months, he would also walk for long miles to Makini Schools in Nairobi
- His first profit making business was a Game Court at USIU while he was a student, students could play video games and also keep him busy while studying at USIU.
- Mbugua first landed a TV project with K24, after forming Young Rich Television
- He is the current MD at Young Rich Television Limited, a company that he founded at an early tender age.
- Today, his firm has over 40 employees. Mbugua made it also to Forbes Africa’s 30 under 30 promising young entrepreneurs.
- He was also featured in Business Daily’s Top 40 under 40 – 2016 edition