Edi Mue Gathegi from Kenya has been featured in more Hollywood films than any other Kenyan actor or actress.
Born in 1979, he found himself in the USA when he was 3 years old after his family had moved in California, USA.
Here are 10 facts about him.
- His initial plan to play basketball at the University of California did not go on well
- So he went back to New York University where he studied arts and majored into acting career.
- His big appearances have been cast into top flying movies such as The Blacklist, The Blacklist: Redemption, StartUp, X-Men: First Class, Twilight, House, CSI: Miami, Nikita, Into the Badlands, Veronica Mars, Crank and Lincoln Heights
- He was borne in Umoja Estate located in Nairobi. He only came back to Kenya when he was 16 years old.
- Gathegi’s first professional role was the Haitian Cabbie in the 2006 film Crank.
- Edi loves Ugali, potatoes and Sauti sol band
- He speaks very little Swahili.
- The ace has not worked with the Kenyan borne actress in Hollywood Lupita Nyong’o
- The 38 year old began his career in 2006
- He was Nominated for Featured Actor in a Play for the role of Franco Wicks in the Geffen Playhouse production of “Superior Donuts”