Ugandan MP and Singer Bobi Wine latest tribulations with Ugandan government has gone wide and far calling in action human activists and other humanitarians to denounce the inhuman arrest subjected to the legislator.
Bobi Wine was arrested on grounds of being in possession of illegal guns. Since then he had spent cold nights in several military detentions.
Appearing before a military court which had set him free, he looked weak, limping and moving on clutches.
Despite being set free, he was later arrested again by Ugandan police.
Here are 10 facts you should know about the MP.
- Bobi Wine has an awesome family with wife Barbie Itungo Kyagulanyi and their children: Shadrack, Shalom, Suubi and Solomon.
- The 36 year old Bobi was born on 12 February 1982 as Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu
- He was brpught up in the Kamwookya slum in the northeast part of Kampala, Uganda’s capital city.
- He went to Makere University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree after he studied music, dance, and drama.
- He also studied a leadership course at the prestigious Harvard Kennedy School of Government , He also holds a diploma in Legal practice.
- Despite his young age, he is able to put own numerous hats such as being a is a politician, businessman, entrepreneur, philanthropist, musician and actor.
- He was voted as an MP on 11 July 2017 where he was tasked with roles to represented his people Kyaddondo East constituency in Wakiso District, in Uganda’s Central Region.
- He started music in early 2000s where he did colabos with top Ugandan artists such as Ziggy D. In 2008 he became a professional boxer.
- Bobi Wine met his wife while studying at the Makerere University. They later wedded in 2011
- He lost his dad in 2015, later released a song ‘Paradiso’ to remember him.