Dr Doreen Adisa Lugaliki at 38 years old died of COVID-19 after being admitted to the Aga Khan University Hospital at 10pm.
She lived oblivious that she had diabetes conditions until she diagnosed with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) at the time of death
Biography of Dr. Doreen
- In 2007, she was married to Kituku Kinyae(founder and CEO of KKraft Brand Design), whom she wedded in 2007. They had two twin daughters Kyla Ndinda and Kyle Kimilu.
- Lugaliki started her career at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital immediately after her undergraduate studies.
- She later worked at the Nairobi Women’s Hospital, Aga Khan University Hospital as a gynaecologist consultant.
- She was admitted at University of Nairobi, School of Medicine and qualified as a medical doctor. where she specialized in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- She studied her high school education at Lugulu Girls and Moi Girls High in Eldoret where she had her KCSE in 1998. Her Primary education began at Kidinye and Ndalu Primary Schools
- Dr. Doreen Lugaliki hailed from Ndalu, Tongaren Constituency in Bungoma County.
- She was a fourth born child to Mr Philemon and Grace Lugaliki of Ndalu. She was described by her siblings as one who had brilliant conversations, charisma, generosity, love, care and unwavering support
- Until her demise, she worked at The Nairobi South Hospital
- She got the virus from a colleague who got it from a patient
- She succumbed to complications arising from Covid-19 on July 10, 2020, early in the morning.