Cyrus Omondi was found dead in his hotel room in India.
The reports of his death were first revealed on social media on 12th February .
Rono Kosigi the Liaison Officer at Kenyan High Commission in India released a statement which indicated that the body of Kahawa Wendani MCA Omondi was found dead in his hotel room in Mumbai.
Kiambu County Assembly received the news of his death by shock and went into mourning.
The late Mr.Omondi was on an Educational retreat with his fellows from Kiambu county.
The Speaker for Kiambu County Assembly Stephen Ndichu said that Mr Omondi passed on after suffering a heart attack.
10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Fallen Jubilee MCA Cyrus Omondi
- Before venturing into politics, he worked as a mechanic in Kahawa
- He will later try his luck in politics when he vied for the MCA seat in 2013, but failed to clinch it
- Later on, he did not give up, went to vie for it in 2017 and won it on a Jubilee ticket.
- Cyrus Omondi made headlines in 2017 election as the only one from Nyanza region who was elected on a Jubilee ticket in Central region
- He was born in Siaya county
- He was fondly known as ‘Gearbox’
- During his last attempt to become an MCA in the same area, he had run while on an ODM ticket.
- He first moved to Kahawa in 1994, where he only worked as a fish vendor
- According to his supporters, he played a vital role in support of impeaching former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu aka Baba Yao
- Following the death of his father while he was still young, he lived a difficult destitute life, but was able to rise up