On July 11 in 2020, Ohangla fans were dealt with a big blow after the death of popular Ohangla maestro Maureen Achieng, popularly known as Lady Maureen.
Lady Maureen took here last breaths around 3am early in the morning at her home Uriri, Migori County. She died shortly after being released from the hospital
Last month in June, fake news of the musician death spread after a dancer also called Maureen passed on prompting her mother to tell her fans that she was alive
Facts about Lady Maureen
- In 2018, her health became a big issue and started hoping from one hospital to another, among them Pastor Machage Memorial Hospital in Migori and Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital.
- In same 2018, before her illness, she was arrested in Mwanza, Tanzania together with other nine fellows and put to jail for nine days
- According to doctors, Maureen had been suffering from severe anaemia and malaria.4
- Lady Maureen also battled different kinds of ailments, prompting social media to claim that she suffered from HIV/AIDS
- Lady Maureen had hit album with popular songs among them had Akuru Marachar (county song), Yom Kabudho, Abiro Iri, Gladys Wanga and Raila Duog dala (Baba while you were away).
- Lady Maureen producer said that her last time of music stage ended in the worst stage after collapsing on stage
- She was a mentor to popular Ohangla songs such as Emma Jalamo and Abenny Jachiga as well as employing many people.
- Lady Maureen was criticized for living a lavish lifestyle and forgot to save and make a good home
- She run a hospital bill that had gone so high, among the top contributors was ODM leader Raila Odinga
- Her love details including having kids is not well known in the public