Dr Elizabeth Itotia, aged just 29 years old may not be your usual doctor at the hospital that you know.
In 2021 July, she rose to the world map as Kenya’s first female radiopharmaceutical scientist.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Dr Elizabeth Itotia .
- She was born as Elizabeth Wangari Itotia 29 years ago in 1992 in in Limuru, in present-day Kiambu County to a farming family
- She studied elementary and high school locally before she moved on to University of Nairobi (UoN)
- In 2017, she graduated from UoN with a degree in Pharmacy
- She was awarded a scholarship by the International Atomic Energy Agency to pursue a master’s degree
- She was admitted to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University in Pretoria, South Africa
- In 2021, she graduated with a Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree, specializing in Nuclear Pharmacy
- In Kenya, Dr. Itotia is now a celebrated professional in Nuclear Pharmacist
- As of July in 2021, she was the only female with the qualifications of Radiopharmaceutical Scientist. Her other fellow with similar qualifications was a male Kenyan
- She is currently working at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) as a member of the nuclear pharmacy team
- Elizabeth Wangari Itotia is a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya