Since Everton FC signed a lucrative deal with a Kenyan betting firm dubbed Sportpesa, the Merseyside club plying in EPL has been a household name among Kenyan football lovers.
And interestingly, the club hosts a Kenyan too.
In July 2019, the club visited Kenya where they played a friendly with Kenyan side Kariobangi Sharks
We take a look at some of the interesting facts you need to know about Tyler Onyango who plays for Everton FC U18
- Tyler Onyango was born to a Kenyan parent and a British parent
- The 16 yer old was born on 4 March 2003 in Luton, United Kingdom
- Onyango joined Everton academy at the age of only 8 years
- He is currently playing for England’s U18 side, where his massive development has been praised.
- Everton Under 18-coach Paul Tait described Onyango as a ‘machine’ due to his physicality on the pitch.
- He has been featured in 8 Premier League starts for the Under 18 category, netting 2 goals and assisting one goal
- Onyango is already an English national and plays as a Midfielder – Central Midfield for U18’s England
- Onyango admires Ex-Arsenal star Patrick Vieria, with Andre Gomes being his favourite player at the club
- Onyango signed a contract with Everton on 1st June 2019, even though the expiry of the contract is not yet known
- Onyango and his fellow Kenyan tribesman Liverpool’s striker Divock Origi are ‘small rivals’ on the pitch bearing the huge Merseyside rivalry between Everton and Liverpool FC