Africa’s Voices Foundation (AVF) is a fast-growing organisation, capitalizing on interactive media and digital communications to curate and spark engaging discussions that convene citizens’ voices as evidence and elevate them to the level of decision-making. We equip development, humanitarian and governance organizations with unique capabilities to listen intelligently to the citizens they serve. Spun out of cutting-edge research at the University of Cambridge in 2014, we have an established presence in East Africa and beyond with a vibrant growing core team in Nairobi. Our clients include World University Service of Canada (WUSC), UNICEF, IOM, UNDP and the MasterCard Foundation.
Currently AVF is partnering with WUSC and Windle International in Kakuma to implement the media component of the LEAP Project in Kalobeyei settlement. Due to this, AVF aims to recruit field staff for the following roles and urges all candidates that qualify to apply.
Objectives of the position
The Listening Group Facilitator will be a critical member of AVF’s WUSC Project team reporting to the Field Officer based in Kalobeyei and AVF Media and Engagement Specialist based in Nairobi. The Listening Group Facilitator shall maintain a trustworthy presence among our program’s beneficiaries in Kalobeyei. In the listening group meetings, the Listening Group Facilitator shall take a lead role in ensuring effective implementation of the project with supervision from the Field Officer.
On translations, the Listening Group Facilitators shall interpret all written messages in their respective languages as received in radio shows and assigned by maintaining their original meaning, format and tone.
Responsibilities for Listening Group Facilitators:
- Mobilize weekly listening group participants using the AVF set criteria
- Identify venues for listening groups to take place
- Implement listening groups during radio shows, once a week for seven weeks
- Document attendance at listening groups i.e. sign attendance lists and take photos of the lists for accounting purposes.
- Ensure listening group participants receive their snacks and transport and sign to that effect
- Capture all the additional data as required by AVF in the data sheet provided for each listening group
- Perform any other related project tasks as guided by the Media and Engagement Specialist.
- At least a certificate course training in any field
- Experience in running Listening Groups within the refugee context
- Having received prior training in implementing listening groups
- Computer literate (MS Office package, open software tools, database)
- High organisational skills and sense of initiative
- Interest in community work
- Fluent English
To apply for the above position, please send your application i..e cover letter and CV to email@example.com, by 5 pm EAT on 6th December, 2020.
Position Title: Listening Groups Facilitators – 14 positions
Position Type: Part Time
Application deadline: 6th December, 2020 at 5pm EAT
Location: Kalobeyei, Kenya
Daily Rate: Negotiable
Mandatory: You must be based in Kalobeyei. Start Date: Immediately
For more details, click here.