Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) was established in 1965 as a business membership organization with a mandate to protect and develop the interests of the business community in Kenya.
KNCCI is also an affiliate member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) & the World Chamber Federation (WCF). As communication manager will be responsible for managing all internal and external communications
Position: ICT intern Reports to: ICT Officer
Contract: 3 Months (Renewable) Date: 30th November, 2020
As a ICT intern will be responsible for functional knowledge and expertise of a number of software solutions, conduct training, requirement gathering, implementation/ rollout, coordinate system support and change management.
1. Develop and write computer programs to perform specific tasks related to organizational goals 2. Create workflow diagrams and charts to demonstrate the functionality of programs before coding them 3. Run software tests to spot and resolve bugs and inconsistencies 4. Write code for software patches and bug fixes 5. Work with team members to find creative, innovative solutions to problems 6. Collaborate with other departments to understand their needs and devise ways to accommodate them with software 7. Perform regular audits to identify software inefficiencies and mastermind ways to improve workflow 8. Write and continually update documentation for all programs for internal and external reference 9. Collaborate with business analysts and developers to produce software designs 10. Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes 11. Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language 12. Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems 13. Use web-based tools to create advanced SaaS when applicable 14. Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary 15. Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient 16. Collaborate with technical writers to create documentation for user support 17. Skillful in Java, SQL, Python, among other programming language
1. Excellent interpersonal skill and willingness to work in a diverse and multicultural team.
2. Demonstrate professionalism, maturity and sound Judgement
3. A high level of organizational skill; excellent attention to detail.
4. Possess energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and passion for high quality work
5. Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision.
6. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, IT or related field
2. Knowledge in programming languages: Java, PHP, Mobile(android/iOS), React native, C, C++ and C#
3. Knowledge in Development Frameworks: Spring Framework, NodeJS
4. SQL database or relational database skills: MySQL, Oracle
5. Knowledge in Web Technologies: Angular, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
6. Knowledge in Methodologies: Object Oriented Programming, Agile Development.
7. Operating Systems: Windows, Linux.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their applications by email, enclosing an
updated detailed CV and Cover Letter to HR@kenyachamber.or.ke by Friday 4th December, 2020. The email subject should read Position of job one is applying for. i.e. Communication and Partnerships Manager, Trade (Policy, Advocacy & Research) Assistant Manager, Human resource officer, Accountant. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.