Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating in the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
KFSL is seeking to offer opportunities to enthusiastic, focused, organized and result oriented individuals for the Internship program.
REF NO: KFS/INTCOX/1/2019
- Must possess a Diploma in Nautical Science or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Bachelors in Nautical Science or equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- Possession of a Certificate of Competency as Coxswain shall be an added advantage;
- Possession of STCW will be an added advantage;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen aged 34 years and below; and
- Must have graduated from institutions of higher learning in the last (2) years.
Personal Attributes & Competence
- Team Player;
- Result oriented;
- Good communication and planning skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ready to learn;
- Focused and organized;
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, e-mail addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the program described above.
The applicant should also submit duly filed application for Internship Program Form available on the Public Service Commission of Kenya website.
The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications for the internship program should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 17th June, 2019;
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
Women, those from marginalized communities and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.