In compliance with Section 52 (2) of the County Government Act 2012, the County Public Service Board
wishes to invite suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of Village Administrator in the
following Village Units.
Requirements for appointment
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be in possession of Post Secondary Certificate;
- Has been a resident in the respective village Unit for a continuous period of not less than 5
years prior to the appointment
- Must be at least 25 years of age
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, Manage and supervise the general administrative functions in the village including:
a) Ensuring and co-coordinating the participation of the village unit in governance
b) Assisting the village unit to develop the administrative capacity for the effective exercise of
the functions and powers and participation in governance at the local level
c) Exercise any functions and powers as delegated by the County Public Service Board
d) Chairing of the Village Council Meetings
e) Appointment of Village Elders with the approval of the County Assembly.
f) Establishment of the village council
g) Supervision of Village Elders
- Resolution of non-judicial and non-criminal disputes in accordance with the traditional disputes
- Perform any other function assigned by the Ward Administrators
How to Apply
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), Copies of Academic and Professional
Certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card or Passport and any other supporting
documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, clearly marked on top left side, the Sub county,
Ward and Village of residence so as to reach the undersigned on or before
20th November, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board Offices
located next to the Governor’s Office.
Bungoma County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities,
Minority and Marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Bungoma County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage
of the recruitment and selection process.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
County Public Service Board
P.O BOX 2489-50200