Briter saw the light as a digital publication in late 2018 and quickly converted into a data-driven research firm focused on analysing business environments across underserved markets – i.e. those lacking the adequate supply of information able to showcase the number of opportunities they offer. Over the past 12 months.
Briter has released the largest collection of visualisations focused on technology ecosystems across Africa, South Asia and MENA and its research has grown to become a point of reference for major corporates, international organisations, governmental institutions, and investors. Its work has now been featured in major media outlets such as TechCrunch, Forbes, African Business, The New African, Quartz, The Africa Report, and several major regional magazines.
Briter’s mission consists of building a constructive narrative about business and creative opportunities by means of making more data available and digestible.
Briter are now looking for a new Intern in Nairobi to support our Research Team by providing background research, data collection, and operational support. The intern will directly report to Associates, Head of Research, and Director. French-speakers have an advantage due to immediate needs for research across Francophone Africa.
The candidate will:
- be proficient in written and spoken English; French speakers are particularly invited to apply;
- be passionate about technology, investment, and business opportunities across emerging markets;
- be a self-starter, show an entrepreneurial and proactive spirit, and suggest areas of potential exploration to the team;
- be digitally competent; this includes being willing and able to learn new software through tutorials;
- have a Bachelor, Master or MBA in related subjects or demonstrable relevant working experience;
- be proficient in MS Office and Google Suite – with an eye for snazzy PowerPoint or Google Slides presentations;
- take ownership of the role and aspire to build a high calibre profile within the industry;
- pay extreme attention to detail;Nice-to-haves:
- demonstrable knowledge or projects using main data and research tools;
- have 1+ years experience as an analyst, consulting, or operations in a startup;
- personal projects such as blogs, channels, previous startups, etc.
- working knowledge of Swahili, French, Mandarin, Hindi, and/or Arabic;
- international working experience;
- knowledge of fundamentals of data science;
- being a fan of continuous learning – Coursera, TED, Udemy, and the like;
The Intern’s tasks will include:
- Researching, collecting, analysing, and presenting business data;
- Reporting to the research team (Head of Research, Associate, Director);
- Contributing to the maintenance and update of Briter’s analytics platform;
- Supporting the team by attending meetings and events and occasionally supporting Associates in calls/in-person meetings.
What’s in for the candidate:
- Part-Time (3 days per week minimum) or Full Time;
- Paid role;
- Opportunity to fast-track relations with several major stakeholders across Africa’s technology ecosystem, venture capital funds, government bodies, and corporates;
- Flexible working locations and flexible hours;
- Membership at main co-working spaces in Kilimani;
- Based on performance, opportunity to join in the early days of the company’s regional expansion and progress to full-time roles;
Deadline: March 15th 2020
Please apply by sending 1) your CV and 2) telling us what makes you the ideal candidate for the role. Please 3) use Briter’s Internship Application* as email subject.
*Applications that will be sent without respecting this format will not be considered.APPLYjobs@briterbridges.com