Embassy of Sweden seeks to recruit an experienced Property Officer with a deep understanding of facility management. The ideal candidate should be a good team player with the ability to take initiatives within given instructions, prioritize and supervise other colleagues within the area of expertise. Holding a high level of integrity is important.
The Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi represents Sweden in Kenya, Somalia, Seychelles and Comoros. The Embassy also represents Sweden in UNEP and UN-HABITAT. The Embassy represents and advances Swedish policies, interests and values in political and economic relations, development cooperation, trade and investment promotion and cultural and information matters. It provides consular services to Swedish nationals and migration services to non-nationals.
Key Roles & Responsibility
- You will be responsible for the facility management of the Embassy Chancery and the Ambassador’s residence; this includes being responsible for all upcoming maintenance needs as well as keeping a long-term plan for the care of the properties
- Facilitate liaison between the Embassy and the National Property Board in Sweden (owner of the residence)
- Liaise with the contracted gardening company about the residence garden
- Liaise with the Chancery landlord
- You will be responsibility for IT infrastructure matters (such as WIFI-networks, conference equipment etc.)
- In charge of supervising the maintenance officer
- Coordinate the maintenance of the expatriate staff’s houses and apartments
- Contract administration (including being active in procurement processes of such contracts) and focal point for maintenance and service-related contracts
- Work closely with the Embassy’s security team on building security related matters
- Performing other tasks as required by the Embassy
The work requires close cooperation with all sections at the embassy, as well as with local entrepreneurs and contractors.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in civil engineering or building construction management/equivalent or in relevant office management/administrative field
- Minimum (5) five years of experience of qualified property management work in high/luxury/ European standard properties and care requirements comparable to those of Embassy chanceries and residences.
- Documented good knowledge of the local building and construction market, including good knowledge about procurement challenges and opportunities in the sector
- Documented and very good knowledge of IT-related matters
- Documented very good organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads including experience of supervising others in area of expertise
- Documented ability to work independently and in a proactive and result oriented manner
- Documented experience of quality control and follow up of projects/purchases
- Fluenct in English, both written and spoken
- Strong team working skills; being discreet, reliable and have a high level of integrity
- Punctual & Responsible
- Proficiency in basic MS Office programs: Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
- Hold a driver’s licence
What to expect as an employee;
- Join a diverse, caring & noble organization
- Countless opportunities for learning and growth
- Conducive work atmosphere
- Medical Insurance + Pension benefits
- Hours of work are 37 per calendar week
- 28 days of annual leave
- Gym allowance to ensure you remail fit and healthy
- Competitive remuneration