Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Treasury Middle Office – Manager shall support the business to achieve its objectives by ensuring strict and independent risk management controls in all aspects of Treasury operations. The role shall be guided by the market risk policy and the treasury policies and procedures manual and shall work closely with the finance and risk departments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with subsidiary Treasury office representatives on a regular basis to give guidance and support on risk control and management activities in accordance to the market risk policy and the treasury policies and procedures manual.
- Oversight of all Subsidiary Treasury operations and ensuring that all activities carried out are in line with the group’s strategic objectives.
- Carrying out market analysis and articulating short-term view with regard to the bank’s risk profile;
- Participate in risk assessment of new products before dealing is approved;
- Development of robust valuation and risk measurement models for various trading products;
- Effectively support and supervise the risk profile of dealers’ positions, in line with internal and external risk management and regulatory imperatives;
- Maintain, monitor and report individual dealer, counterparty and open market limits utilization and violations;
- Query and comment on fixed income trades at the point of initiation. Identify the justifications, pricing & stop loss limits before the trade is confirmed;
- Mitigate settlement risks by checking and verifying deal tickets details and highlighting any discrepancies;
- Query and analyse the Treasury P&L to establish trends and deviations from the norm. Investigate further the causes of any significant deviations from the trend and report to head of risk, treasury and finance
- More than 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a tier one bank.
- Professional qualification such as CFA, FRM, CISI highly recommended.
- Experience with financial modelling techniques
- A good understanding and appreciation of local and regulatory developments
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized university is preferred with a post graduate training in Financial services and Risk management as an added advantage.
- Treasury/Risk Management certification.
- Practical knowledge of Treasury products and operations as well as Treasury risk management systems and operational processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with risk management with demonstrated ability to conduct risk assessments.