The programme targets to reach applicants within the small and micro enterprises in Kenya spread across 3 economic sectors of:
- Agriculture (Hydroponic Farming) – Miramar International College (MIC) will train the beneficiaries give the beneficiaries off take contracts for their produce. In addition, MIC will source for suitable land for the construction of the greenhouses for its beneficiaries by spearheading negotiations with land owners and subsequently registering lease agreements at the Ministry of Lands for a period of 61 months.
- Construction – Before sending beneficiaries for training, we have made sure that there is enough demand for their labour. Arc Skills is the lead training partner for construction. Construction beneficiaries trained at Arc Skills will get construction contracts from agribusiness beneficiaries to construct the greenhouses envisaged under this project.
- Manufacturing –Â Before our beneficiaries embark on training we have ensured that there is market for the goods that they will manufacture. The lead partner in manufacturing, Gearbox is a leading manufacturing incubator that trains â€˜Jua-Kaliâ€™ artisans and graduate engineers. In this programme, beneficiaries trained in manufacturing at Gearbox will receive orders to manufacture various greenhouse parts, such as pipes, troughs, nuts, bolts and other fittings for the agribusiness beneficiaries.
We are now inviting applications for enrolment into the Young Africa Works Programme.
For application form and details on how to apply, please click below:
- 2020 Young Africa Works Scholarship – Construction and Manufacturing Form
- 2020 Young Africa Works Scholarship – Film Production Form
- 2020 Young Africa Works Scholarship – Hydroponics Farming Technology Form
Recruitment is on a rolling basis and those interested are advised to fill in the respective application forms for courses they are interested in and drop them at the respective institutions listed below. The contacts are also given in case one needs additional information / clarification:
- Miramar International College (MIC) in Kikuyu: +254 741 361 749 / +254 705 826 144
- GearBox at Avon Centre along Enterprise Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi: +254 780 830 483
- Arc Skills Kenya at Gems Cambridge, Magadi Road: +254 792 543 096 / +254 710 429 601
- FilamuJuani at Hope Center, Amboseli Road, Lavington, Nairobi: +254 786 946 382