The Government recognizes that the State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy holds a vital key in the implementation of the “Big Four” Initiatives and other national priorities in order to improve the quality of lives of Kenyans and make Kenya globally competitive.
The State Department, has the mandate to coordinate the development of policy, legal, regulatory and institutional framework for fisheries resources.
Participants will benefit from the training in the following ways:
a. Build capacity to undertake responsible fishing ;
b. Distinguish between various approaches and applications of deep sea fishing practices and technologies including fishing gears.
c. Develop competence in handling disasters at sea;
d. Enhancing employability in deep sea fishing industry
Who Should Apply
Applicants should meet the following conditions
- Male Kenyan Adults
- Age of 35 years and below
- Holder of KCSE certificate or an equivalent qualification
- Physically fit to undergo through strenuous deep sea fishing experience
- Provide proof of physical fitness from a recognized medical facility in
Kenya Training schedule
- A one week theoretical training at a venue in Mombasa
- A three weeks on board fishing vessels practical training
- A two weeks STCWF course at Bandari Maritime Academy