Kitengela Group Of Schools is a leading group of schools offering both British International Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties.
KGS seeks to recruit experienced high caliber teachers who are self- motivated and result oriented to join our vibrant team.
LOWER & UPPER PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
Teachers with the following subject combinations are encouraged to apply;
- Maths/ Kiswahili/ CBC
- Science/Social Studies/CBC
- Social Studies/CRE/CBC
- Home science/Agriculture/Music
- Abacus teachers
- Lower Primary School teachers
Strength in scouting/drama and leadership will be an added advantage
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with pupils, their families and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the pupils and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that pupils are excited and invested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all pupils.
- Be accountable for pupils’ mastery of academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all pupils and provide pupil feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for pupil behavior.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization.
- Degree/Diploma in Education (P1) or equivalent qualification.
- Registered with TSC
- At least 2 years teaching experience.
- Proficiency in English & Kiswahili; both written and spoken.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; plans and implement curriculum and education for children ranging in age from two to Eight years old.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plan and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child’s development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
- Participates in teaching undergraduate and graduate early childhood education labs, as appropriate.
- Participates in research programs concerned with improvements in early childhood teaching methods, as appropriate.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/pupil employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree/ Diploma in ECDE from Kenya National Examination Council.
- Registered with TSC.
- Must have experience and training in CBC.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in ECDE and particularly in the new curriculum.
Proficiency in English & Kiswahili; both written and spoken
All interested applicants to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 25th November, 2020. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.