Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France in Homa Bay is looking to fill the position of a Data Entry Clerk. The successful candidate will report to the Study Coordinator.
Objective of the Position:
- The position is responsible for management and entry of study data. Will liaise with the study nurse, clinician, laboratory technologist and the clinic team in daily preparation of data collection tools/instruments
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set up, clean, analyze and conduct entries after study visits.
- Set up data base for the study, or work with the existing platforms
- Coordination of data collection and timely submission of questionnaires
- Maintaining a record of collected data in consultation with the study coordinator
- Preparation of weekly reports and summaries of data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor like participating in emergency response as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
|Education||Minimum diploma in Health records and information, or related field|
|Experience||Desirable previous experience in research studies and maintaining data baseKnowledge and experience using REDCAP,collecting and analyzing data Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting|
|Competencies||Fluent in English , Swahili, Fluency in Luo is an assetProblem solving skillsStrong communication skillsAbility to work independently as well as with a team|
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 12th August 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention on the subject line ““Data Entry Clerk”.
Or send your application to: MSF France, Homa Bay P. O. Box 881 – 00403.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
MSF will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.
Work in Kenya
|Date of issue:||3rd August 2020|
|Deadline for application:||12th August 2020|
|Duty Station:||Homa Bay, Kenya|
|Start date:||24th August 2020|
|Length of contract:||9 Months|