The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located off Mombasa Road in Nairobi.
MUA envisions being a premier university providing Management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide.
Mua are looking for dynamic, self-driven and result oriented professionals to fill the following positions:-
1.0 LECTURERS/ RESEARCH FELLOWS – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
To teach, conduct tutorials, perform examination related functions, determine, develop and carry out relevant independent research projects to extend knowledge in the appropriate subject area and participate in University committees, boards and any other assigned duties at The Management University of Africa.
Applicants must be holders of a PhD Degree in business related field with specialization in any of the following disciplines;-
Project Management, Development Studies, Economics, Environmental Management, Strategic Management, Business Management, Leadership, Finance, Human Resource, Procurement and Risk Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Must have a Ph.D. degree or its academic equivalent in the relevant field.
Must demonstrate exemplary research, teaching and academic /relevant industrial experience in the relevant field;
Must have taught in a University at the lecturer level or engaged as a researcher in a recognized research organization;
Minimum of twenty four (24) publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers
Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable) OR at least one refereed book in his/her professional area published by recognized publishers, plus two articles;
2.0 ICT OFFICER – 1 POSITION
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the ICT officer job exists to oversee and coordinate the provision of Information and Communication Systems services, solutions and support, and advise the University Management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the ICT manager in tracking departmental expenses to help forecasting and budgeting corporation ICT requirements and advising management
- Help in maintaining ICT hardware and soft-ware inventories
- Ensuring communication and working relationships between IT and other departments within the organization as well as IT service providers
- Serving as the technical assistant for system implementation projects to bring consistency to project execution and life cycle
- Assist the ICT manager in identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Assist in attaining time frames for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Assist in the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training as directed by ICT Manager
- Assist in developing innovative network trouble shooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs.
- Works with system vendors as required to configure, customize or upgrades to existing systems in order to fit different end user needs in the different sections and units in the University.
- Works with various departments and strategic management department business analysts to develop system requirement specifications (SRS) based on business processes in the University.
- Perform tuning, balancing, improvement, automation and usability of the existing software and applications in the University.
- Review the existing systems in use by different sections and units in the University and propose areas and approaches for improvements.
- Oversee and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of progress and achievement of the ICT systems section’s programmes, procedures, processes and services in the hospital, and prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Analyze data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by departmental managers.
- Proactively manage data quality in some systems
- Contribute regularly to discussion regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the University
- Provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the ICT are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT or Computer Science/Engineering from a recognized institution.
- At least Two years working experience as an ICT Applications Officer or related field
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Design, implement and manage University network architecture (LAN/WAN, connectivity, etc.)
- Assist with creation of policies and procedures
3.0 ICT INTERNS – 2 POSITIONS
The main objectives of the position are to assist maintenance of basic hardware (e.g. PCs, LAN equipment), software and communication systems and perform ICT related administration duties (e.g. payment of communication bills). These tasks should be performed in accordance with MUA’s ICT Policy also in coordination with the ERP/Database administrator, System Administrator and ICT Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure network security through appropriate controls, policies, and deployment of systems; perform regular audits
- Provide hands-on leadership in the configuration and maintenance of network hardware, DNS, DHCP, switching, routing and other essential network services
- Own administration of Cisco switches, routers, VPN, and ASA/Meraki/Cyberoam devices (firewall rules, site-to-site VPNs, software updates, etc.)
- Monitor network resources 24/7 via centralized apps to pre-empt or respond to outages
- Recommend, specify and manage the implementation of network equipment and applications
- Ensure high availability and redundancy of data connectivity; implement disaster recovery and business continuity measures to support the
University’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Apply expertise in optimizing network performance to address connectivity needs under challenging circumstances.
- Provide network documentation and training to organization and IT department
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with University departments/office managers, IT contractors and key vendors.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 24th January 2020.
Click HERE to apply
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer