Applications are invited for Hurford Youth Fellowship Program for a period of four months. Fellows from around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme. The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality. The World Youth Movement for Democracy (WYMD) is a network that aims to support the development of sustainable democracy movements by empowering the next generation of democracy activists. A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
- This is four months fellowship programme. Fellows are expected to work full-time on their fellowship projects at the NED office in Washington, D.C.
- During 4 months, each fellow will have the opportunity to build their leadership skills and contribute to the development of the world youth movement for democracy.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including Internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
To be eligible for an Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship, candidates must:
Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age. They must demonstrate strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide. Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply. Please Note: The Hurford Youth Fellows Program is open to applicants from any country. It does not provide scholarship funds or any other type of financial aid to university or graduate students, nor is it designed to support postdoctoral research. The program is not an educational program offering academic courses leading toward a degree. In addition, it does not provide financial support to those seeking to complete professional training programs, attend conferences, or pursue internships at other organizations.
Fellows from around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
English language Requirements:
- A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Applicant Form;
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- All application materials should be uploaded to the online application
- The mode of application is online.
- All application materials must be submitted by 18 May 2016.