President Uhuru Kenyatta announced that Kenya’s cases had risen to 158 while recording two more deaths leading to 6 total deaths.
President Uhuru also did say that the government might be forced to go further than the current measures.
Check out his updates below
- There shall be cessation (restriction) of all movement by road, rail or air in and out of Nairobi Metropolitan area, counties of Kilifi Kwale and Mombasa
- Majority of persons who have contracted the disease are residents of the Nairobi Metropolitan area and the counties of Kilifi, Kwale and Mombasa.
- President Uhuru will go to any lawful length to respond to Covid-19
- Any cargo/food carrying vehicle shall be assigned a single driver and assistants of not more than 3 persons. Such persons must be notified in writing, to authorities, by owner of vehicles or vessels
- Any passenger carrying bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, vehicles, railway wagons, aircraft shall not be allowed in & out of Nairobi Metropolitan Area, Kwale, Kilifi and Mombasa