Meet the Kenya’s youngest Assistant County Commissioner Rehema Kiteto who is just 24 years old and a graduate of Egerton University.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Rehema Kiteto.
- She was born 23 years ago in a Samburu village in 1997 in Kinango constituency, Kwale county
- After high school education at Mwasere High in Voi ,she joined Egerton University to study a degree in Sociology, Literature and English between 2015 and 2019.
- She would later go on to serve as an Intern student at Standard Group Nakuru Bureau
- Rehema retreated back to Kwale county, however as a social worker after the internship
- She worked as a social advocacy officer for women and girls under the umbrella of Samburu Hands of Compassion
- Besides, Rehema worked as a supervisor during the government COVID-19 youth project dubbed Kazi Mtaani.
- Rehema got the lucrative job after she made a point to apply for 450 vacancies that had been advertised by Public Service Commission for Assistant County Commissioners
- Rehema was a graduate of Egerton University and she had no any experience, but after a successful interview, she was deployed to Bomet Central to serve as Assistant County Commissioner
- Under her new role, she is expected to coordinate government projects , articulate government plans and solve disputes in her full capacity
- Rehema brags of her leadership skills where she managed to fundraise for 2020 KCPE students join high school. Besides she unsuccessfully vied for County Assembly for Samburu Ward in Kinango.
Rehema’s Impressive CV in Leadership
- Rehema went to Mwasere Girls High School in Voi , she joined Egerton University between 2015 and 2019 and graduated with a degree in Arts, English, Literature, and Sociology.
- While in campus, Ms. Kiteto was involved in Creative Writing extra-curricular activities.
- She also served as class representative for the 2015 class as well as founder of Egerton University Creative Writers Blog
- Her first job was an internship at Standard Group Limited for six months in Nakuru.
- Later , Rehema took another internship as a social care worker in Samburu, Kwale. Rehema Kiteto used her Sociology skills to be of service to her people in Samburu as she kept on writing blogs and other creative works.
- As she continued serving her community, Rehema gained recognition in Kwale for her efforts as a social worker and volunteer.
- Rehema won the outstanding women under 35 and volunteer of the year.
- Rehema has published books such as a children’s book titled Hell in the Backyard & Other Stories.
- Rehema is passionate about children and women’s rights and intends to use her position to make lives better for her people
- She served as a supervisor during the Kazi Mtaani government project
- She is the current Secretary of Samburu Primary School Alumni Association.
- Before her appointment , Rehema was hoping to be a Member of County Assembly (MCA) seat in the upcoming 2022 general elections for Chengoni/Samburu Ward in Kwale County.
- She is the Deputy speaker at Kwale Youth Assembly
- She also Co-Founded at Samburu Hands of Compassion