There are many myths around the twins, the truth is that some of them are based on beliefs and curiosities. However, no one doubts that they are one of the most incredible life events.
Therefore, science has been given the task of unveiling several curious and incredible data that insurance did not know. Here we present them to you.
Curious facts about the twins
- A high percentage of babies come from multiple births, whose mothers were over 30 at the time of conception.
- They have the same DNA, but they do not always have the same physical characteristics. Proof of this is that they have different fingerprints.
- Most children develop a secret and very special language during the first months or years of life, which is called cryptophase.
- Around 10% of the world population is left-handed, of which 22% are twins.
- The relationship between two twins is unique, since communication and understanding that they develop is a bond that unites them since they are in the womb.
- The fourth part of the identical twins present “mirror appearance” (identical), in addition to having very similar brain patterns.
- One of the most frequent signs to differentiate the two babies when they are born is the navel, which is usually different in both.
- Due to the miscegenation transmitted by the genes of one of the parents, two twins may have different skin color or races.
- The so-called “evil twin” does not really exist, but what does happen is that they share the same empathy with certain people or things.
- If they receive the same stimuli since they are small, when they grow up it is very common for them to have similar tastes and lifestyles.
It should be noted that some studies indicate that mothers who have twins live longer, are taller and tend to have better health than the rest of the women. In addition, there has been a higher incidence of multiple births in women whose diet is high in dairy or who are vegetarian.