Ethics is one of the fast rising music group to dominance .
The teenage group is largely composed of very young members who can relate easily with their target audience and fill the gap where necessary.
Here are some interesting facts you need to know about ethics
- The group first burst into fame back in May, 2018. Their most fame music song is Lamba Lolo which is widely played in Kenya
- Lamba Lolo which loosely means ‘go to hell’, was one of the top songs in 2018. The song despite being made by teenagers for teenagers, it is extremely explicit with sexual content
- The group of 4 boys comes from Kenya’s slum Kayole, which is largely famed for robbery with violence. They are Rekles, Swat, Zilla and Seska as members
- Teleh Mani of Hype Group Limited, their manager was sacked over unclear situations in 2018 August.
- The group has another popular colabo with Madtraxx and Mejja dubbed ‘New position’
- The Gengetone is their music genre, that had never been tapped before. Mainstream media have been faced with the dilemma of playing this kind of genre based on their daring sexual scenes
- Other groups similar to Ethics include Ochungulo Family, Rico Gang, Boondocks Gang among others
- Despite their media criticism, they have tremendously had support from big politicians such as Nairobi Senator Jonshon Sakaja and NASA leader Raila Odinga’s son Raila Junior
- Lala Lolo got more than 3.3 million views, New Position as well with atleast 3.1 million and then Pandana, Instagram and Saba with combined 2.1 million views.
- Their music videos features vulgar languages, teenage girls twerking and grinding buttocks on young boys . Their big fame came when Lamba Lolo song was played in USA at Dallas Mavericks home games courtesy of DJ Poison Ivy.