Police detectives have declared that Zaheer Jhanda is a person of interest in a 250 million gold scam where United Arab Emirates ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was conned.
After waiting for months, President Uhuru Kenyatta was contacted by
Al Maktoum complaining that his gold from DR Congo had been stuck at Nairobi’s JKIA.
When President Uhuru sent his team at JKIA, he discovered that there was no seized gold that was destined for Dubai. He ordered the crack down of those who had been involved.
Jhanda is believed to be the man who had the master-plan for the scam using key government officials and an impersonator of Interior CS Fred Matiang’i.
The followed after police seized a fake gold paraphernalia in Nairobi.
10 Interesting facts about Zaheer Jhanda
- He is a young man aged 40 years with very wide political ties and network in Kenya
- He was born with a Kisii mother and a late dad of Arab origin.
- He is married with three kids and one wife.
- Zaheer owns a car bazaar and a carwash in Nairobi Valley Arcade area.
- In several photos on his social media posts, he is seen with top politicians such as President Uhuru, DP William Ruto and NASA leader Raila Odinga
- He studied at Kisii Primary School and later to the defunct Kisii Progressive Secondary School
- In 2013, he contested but failed to win the Nyaribari Chache MP seat.
- During his campaign he could afford to fly high with hired choppers.
- After school, he ventured into ‘hustling’ small business around Kisii regions
- Zaheer is known to be a teetotaler and loves hanging with his mates