Ogutu Okudo, at just 28 years old, has made it to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Africa for the amazing work she did for herself and the community around herself also.
She is the founder and CEO of Women in Energy and Extractives Africa. She made it the list Forbes Africa list that was announced last week under Oil and Energy Industry category.
Facts you need to know about Okudo
- Okuda founded her initiative Women in Energy and Extractives Africa in 2012 and it was initially known as Women in Oil and Gas East Africa
- She has employed 15 employees in five countries and over 75 volunteers in 10 countries and counting.
- Her firm closes the gap in the field of oil and energy in regards to gender
- Okuda is the daughter to Kenya’s PS for Tourism Joe Okudo.
- In 2018 President Uhuru Kenyatta recognized her as one of the young female Kenyan trailblazers
- She was awarded with the Under 30 Women in Energy East Africa (2018)
- She also got another lucrative award in 2019 – the Kenya Upstream Oil and Gas Woman of the Year.
- In 2019, Okuda and President Uhuru spoke at Economic and Social Council at the United Nations Headquarters in New York
- Okuda is a board member of several organisations in East Africa including Bboxx Kenya.
- She plans to open up satellite officers across East Africa and publish a book in 2020