Guava is revered because it is full of vitamins A and C, potassium, lycopene, and dietary fiber.
But did you know that guava leaves also have many benefits?
These are healthy benefits of them.
1. They promote weight loss. Drinking guava leaf tea is said not to convert complex carbohydrates into sugar, which is what can cause hunger pangs and weight gain if not burned.
2. Drinking guava leaf tea regularly is beneficial for people with diabetes. This is because it helps lower blood glucose levels without causing an increase in insulin production.
3. Tea is also known to help reduce LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol levels without having any negative effect on HDL (high-density lipoprotein) or good cholesterol levels.
4. Guava leaf tea is very effective against diarrhea and dysentery because the leaves have antimicrobial properties
5. The same tea is also good for dealing with stomach upset. It also helps end food poisoning due to the antimicrobial properties of guava leaves.
6. It is recommended to consume guava leaf tea for people who suffer from bronchitis, as well as for coughs.
7. They help deal with toothache, inflamed gums, and oral ulcers. These problems can be effectively treated simply by chewing some guava leaves.
8. Drinking guava leaf tea is beneficial for dengue sufferers. The perfect recipe for this viral illness is 9 pieces of guava leaves boiled in 5 cups of water until it is halved.
9. Men with prostate problems and even prostate cancer can benefit from drinking guava leaf tea
10. Similarly, tea is also highly recommended for men with fertility problems.
11. Crushed guava leaves placed on scrapes, abrasions, and minor cuts help prevent wounds from becoming infected.
12. External ear infections can be cured faster by dropping guava leaf tea, cold at room temperature, into the affected area.
13. Placing crushed guava leaves on itchy skin areas due to allergic reactions helps provide relief.
14. Crushed leaves are also good for relieving insect bites.
15. Finely crushed guava leaves can be applied to acne and pimples. Doing this allows the vitamin C content of the leaves to kick in helping to heal. Are you looking for a totally natural way to get rid of pimples? In a blender, put a few crushed guava leaves and some water. Use the resulting mixture as a facial scrub.
16. The same blend can be used as a face mask to help improve the appearance of signs of premature aging.
17. With the guava leaves boiled in water and leaving it to cool at room temperature, you can massage your scalp to end hair loss and make it grow quickly.
If you have a guava in your yard, you’re in luck! Now you know where to go when you need a home remedy for various problems.